Plans for Summer 2021
We are so excited to be welcoming you back to Pine Springs Camp! Thanks to the generosity of so many individuals and churches we have weathered 2020 and are looking forward to Summer Camp 2021. While camp will look different this year, the essentials remain the same: Campers will once again enjoy an intentional community of faith, they will play and explore God’s creation, they will make lasting friendships and learn about God’s amazing love.
Please be assured that our number one priority will be the safety of our campers. Below we have listed our current plan for a safe summer camp program. We will provide additional details of our COVID-19 safety protocols in our future communications with our camp community. As you know, circumstances and recommendations are updated on a regular basis. Our prayer is that things will improve significantly by mid-May and we will be able to accommodate even more campers at PSC.
We are committed to conducting camp according to the detailed recommendations of the American Camping Association (ACA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Listed below are some of the changes that we will be instituting for Summer Camp 2021.
1. OUR CAMP SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED
- You will notice that our camp schedule is streamlined this year. We will be offering three camps per week. This will allow for smaller camper groups, a strong recommendation from the ACA.
2. LIMITED NUMBER OF CAMPERS PER CABIN
- We are anticipating putting a maximum of 6 campers per cabin. We have spacious cabins with integrated restrooms. By limiting the number to 6 campers we will be able to space bunks 6 feet apart and there will be one camper per bunk set. This setup will allow us to add campers to a cabin if it is deemed safe to do so.
- It will also help with designating restrooms facilities to no more than 3 campers per facility as each cabin has a large restroom with 2 toilets, 2 sinks and 2 showers.
3. INCREASED SUMMER STAFF
- We plan to continue our policy of assigning two counselors per cabin. This is an ACA standard, and it will enhance the individual attention that each camper will receive.
- We intend to hire more support staff to help with programming, maintenance and increased sanitization needs.
4. LIMIT THE NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS THAT COME TO CAMP-EXCEPT NURSES!
- Pine Springs Camp has valued our Volunteer Weekly Directors as a foundational part of our ministry. Unfortunately, limiting the number of outside people at camp is a strong recommendation of the ACA. Therefore we will not be utilizing VWDs at camp this summer but will solicit their expertise and energy in planning an epic experience for our campers!
- NURSES will still be present each week at camp. Our nurses will be equipped to regularly monitor the health and well-being of all of our campers.
5. INCREASED SANITIZATION AND CLEANING PROCEDURES
- We are committed to providing clean and sanitized facilities and establishing protocols in accordance with the ACA and CDC for every building and area used by campers.
- We will operate our dining services with the cleaning and sanitization guidelines from the ACA, CDC, and the Pennsylvania Health Department.
6. SUMMER STAFF PROCEDURES
- Summer staff will arrive at camp two weeks prior to the first week of camp for training.
- Each staff member will be required to be tested for COVID-19 and receive a negative result before being allowed to start their training period.
- Leaving camp will be limited during the summer.
7. CAMP BASICS
Based on ACA and CDC recommendations, we are planning to run camp according to the following principles:
- Social distancing will be encouraged as much as possible, especially while inside.
- There will be proper ventilation in all our buildings.
- We will plan as much outdoor programming as possible.
- Mask wearing may be required. This will be determined by the PA Department of Health. We believe that campers will still be able to experience the relational ministry of Pine Springs Camp-even if we have to wear masks!
8. 100% REFUND POLICY
- We understand that as things change, parents and/or guardians may reconsider sending their child to camp. Therefore, campers can receive a 100% refund if the parent or guardian decides they are uncomfortable sending their child to camp due to COVID-19 concerns.
9. COMMUNICATION IS KEY!
- Inevitably, things will change concerning the best COVID-19 response. Our hope is that things will change for the better by the time that camp starts. We will provide updates and explanations on a regular basis via email and our confirmation packet. We are prepared to adjust our schedule and programming to provide our campers with the quality experience that they have come to expect and enjoy from Pine Springs Camp.
As we make plans for our 74th Summer Camping Season our top priority is to make camp as safe as possible while remaining true to our mission- providing every camper with a vital encounter with Jesus Christ! We believe that, NOW MORE THAN EVER, kids need camp. Our hope is that Summer Camp 2021 at Pine Springs Camp will be a place of belonging and celebration for hundreds of campers.
Health Screening COVID Procedures and Protocols
Pine Springs Camp Pre-Camp Protocols
Pre-Camp Camper and Family Agreement and COVID-19 Assumption of Risk Form
PSC COVID-19 Policies at a Glance
Food Allergies or Intolerances Form